Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Recent Developments!

Hey everyone! Sorry for being off the blog for so long, but I've been a little busy.




First off, I got a job! It's really nothing for now but something small to survive off of. Part time work at a grocery chain here in Chicago, working as a general team member and a sushi chef! Learning to make sushi however is definitely teaching me a lot not only in the craft itself, but rules and philosophies that I can apply in making games as well, such as taking your time to do things right, learning techniques to be efficient, paying attention to details in the name of perfections that most people might miss.

I've also lectured a couple of time on game design concepts, and I'm hoping to do more! I've been involved with an organization called PETAL et al, whose goal is primarily to educate about digital media. I did a lecture on node tree AI here, and it went over very well! If you're in the Chicago area, please check them out! They have a Twitter account here, and a Meetup schedule that can be found here.

Aside from that, I've just been talking to my friends about game design, employment ethics in the game development industry, future plans, and I've been working on smaller projects doing research about various topics, and playing games. I should probably finish up on Cupcake Escape though. That project has been lingering and it's 95% of the way there. It's true when they say that the last 10% of a game is probably the hardest to complete.

Anyway please check back soon! I've found more material to work with for an essay I've been working on since forever ago that discusses about gamers as an international collective. I hope to have it done before the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment